Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The streets are paved with gold...

These photos are from a few days ago when the only thing falling from the sky was pretty litter from trees- spent petals, leaf casings, seeds and the such.

Last night and continuing today- we have had a storm. Strong winds and heavy rain blowing garbage can lids and shaking more from the trees. Hopefully no bird nests or baby birds.
Jack does not care to walk on the gold, pink or crimson streets- they are often sticky. Or prickly.

4 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Gosh, when I first peeked, I thought you were blogging on a memory of Autumn. What amazing colour the streets have with the falling blossoms.

Pondside said...

We've had that same wild wind and rain and our streets are littered with pink petals.....drifts of them against the curbs.
I loved your Dim Sum post. It's one of our favourite meals. We go to Don Mee's in Victoria - nothing better on a chilly Sunday afternoon.

alaine@éclectique said...

It looks like our place at the moment but we ARE in Autumn. It's a beautiful day here today - we desperately need rain. LBx

Calico Kate said...

Pretty pictures and yes like Celtic Heart I too first thought of Autumn.
Perhaps you need to get little boottees for Jack?!
CKx