It's not unusual to hear fog horns here on the hill. We have cool mornings and plenty of marine air that brings fog in over the water. But, yesterday afternoon, it was a hazy but warm day with no fog in sight. I was walking along the viewpoint, on the way to my mother's house, when I heard fog horns sounding with a real sense of urgency. Looking out this is what I saw.
The time elapsed was less than a minute. Click on the photos and see the number of small boats in the way of the cruise ship.
Late this spring, the Port of Seattle opened a second cruise ship terminal at the base of the hill. It is immediately to the left of the small marina. I hope that everyone involved figures out how to make this work.
4 comments:
That was close!
Phew! (But perhaps I'd better not look when my husband is making noises about getting our boat back in the water!)
LOved your poppy post B;ackbird. Ours have finished now, but were just gorgeous while they flowered.
Yes I have noticed more fog horn noises lately. I hope everyone stays safe. Those huge floating cities freak me out.
Post a Comment