For years, what I thought as I looked at the gate was- 'No Admittance' or 'Wrong Way' or any number of unfriendly messages. But this summer, I began to see it in a new way. There must now be a better path to the house- maybe more direct or entering away from the busy street and probably more suited to its current use.
And, it's not as if the old path with its worn stone stairs is gone. It can be reclaimed as an option with a bit of heavy pruning and isn't that good- to keep your options open?
I've been thinking this summer, while I've been away, of paths not taken. We make choices- some big and some small- and they all lead us along a path. Sometimes it's clear when we are at a fork in the road and we look down each path- as far as we think that we can see- to determine which way we should go.
Often, there isn't a wrong choice to make- just a different one.
3 comments:
Very true, and important to remind ourselves of that every now and then.
I was so happy to see a post from you this afternoon.
Your words are so true - sometimes, though, living with some choices is easier than with others.
so many thoughts on roads not taken, Robert Frost springs immediately to mind; how often do we sit and ponder the road not taken . . .
Post a Comment