Thursday, April 30, 2009

30 days of April

Posted by Picasa
Since we have had such a grey winter here in Seattle, I set out to snap a shot of the sky for each day in April. This I did- sometimes leaning off my porch in early evening to catch a glimpse of sky. (Except for 2 days mid-month when my camera went to Portland for a wedding and shot the sky there)

My favorite shot is the wonderful periwinkle sky that was taken on April 5th at 9:36am.

8 comments:

Pondside said...

Nothing like that blue sky, is there? We've had some lovely sunshine here over the past couple of weeks. The day will start out grey and dull and end in a blaze of sunshine. The woods are already dry and some rhodos are drooping - it happens so quickly, that switch from rain forest to dry-as-a-bone island.

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Is that a photo montage of your own images? It is quite magical.

blackbird said...

CH, I've added some explanation of what I did- it was fun to see the changes and the sameness.

Pondside, with all of the days of grey, people don't often realize that it's not raining and things get so dry. My soil is very sandy and my plants droop at the end of hot day.

Chris Stovell said...

How lovely! I've been looking at a horrid grey sky all day so your post is most welcome.

Cait O'Connor said...

I adore your sky pics as I am a sky and cloud watcher. What a clever idea putting them together like that.
I am glad the April 5th sky is your favourite as it was my birthday!

Frances said...

Thank you for those beautiful skies from someone who cannot go out the front door without looking up. Clouds, clear, fog, slip of a moon as darkness gathers ... just love the sky.

xo

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Blackbird, thanks for the explanation. I think this is a great idea, and a great way to record your weather, or anything else for that matter, on a daily basis. Brilliant, I really love it!

Mrs Jones said...

Ooh, that's a REALLY good idea - I love that. I think I may have a go at that myself but, which month to choose (strokes beard pensively....)?