Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A beautiful June

This year, June found us with many days of sun and fluffy clouds- most unusual for June in Seattle. But, I think that we embraced the trend with open, bare arms. After a spring that seemed more winter, the warm days left people with smiles on their faces, our weeds and flowers growing like mad and the school children unhappy to be in school.

The center photo with the plane was taken this morning on my walk with Jack, 8:30am. Two photos with the slip of moon and the lavender sky was on June 4th at 9:28pm. So, with so many days with clouds, we had almost no rain- 0.18 inches for the whole month. We had 20 days with a temperature of at least 70 degrees with the hottest day reaching 91. Too hot for me.

In order for the photo to be click-able and enlargeable, we have to put up with the picasa logo. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Frances said...

I have never been to Seattle, but judging from your pictures, think that your view of the sky is fantastic.

Here in New York, we also have beautiful views, even if we might often have to discount a bit of pollution veil.

xo

Rowan said...

The blue of the sky is really beautiful - I only wish I could see it here but have woken to a hot,humid
day with heavy cloud. So I shall just have to enjoy your blue skies instead:)

Chris Stovell said...

Lovely photos of the sky... we're enjoying some good weather here, too - for a change!

Elizabethd said...

We nearly landed in Seattle once, en route to Vancouver, when the weather turned very bad. But so far, it's a place I've never visited. My daughter who lives in BC says it is great.
Thanks for dropping in!

Pondside said...

What a beautiful sky, Blackbird.
I enjoyed your butter post! I've never tried to make butter, but perhaps I'll give it a go.

Cait O'Connor said...

I didn't know that about the Picasa label - I always delete mine, perhaps I shouldn't. I am a real skywatcher so adore your pics.

Kimberly said...

What a great idea, Blackbird. I like to watch the sky too. Just love those shades of blue, so beautiful. Looking forward to the next one!

JoMo said...

Cool picture! It's also been a great June just North of you here in Vancouver. Not too anything, but just right!