Summer has seemed as if it would never end. Only now, just as we enter October have we had some rainy days here in Seattle. The temperatures are falling and the trees are coloring up in their gold and russet tones.
In case you think that blue skies are a little boring, I have to say 'not at all'. For every day that had a clear blue sky, there was another with clouds coming and going. I think that it makes it more interesting- I'm amazed that there are so many kinds of clouds.
My favorite summer day has an overcast morning- so that you can get some work done. And then, after lunch, the skies clear and the sun comes out. Come to think of it- that's my favorite kind of day- year round.
(I know that we've jumped from July to September but, between camera problems and computer problems- my August skies are still in another place. They were even bluer than September's- truly a hot and clear skied summer month.)

5 comments:
I love the picture - a wonderful collage of skies. Love sky pictures. You are very lucky to have had so many blue ones this summer - especially in Seattle, not necessarily known for them? I did read just the other day that record temperatures had been recorded in Seattle this summer. Not so here in the High Peak in the rainy north west of England. It has been a dire 'summer' as per usual. Rain, rain, rain. I have lived here 6 years now and have only had two good summers. But it IS beautiful when the sun does come out.
We are lucky and escape to France for August where the weather was much better this year than it has been in the past. I understand about the misty start to the day - you can get some jobs done so then you feel justified in spending the rest of the day outside and enjoying yourself!
A friend told me that it always rains in Seattle. Obviously they were wrong.
"Blue September" -- that's lovely!
Beautiful Blackbird. Thank You.
Blossom
As a cloud and sky watcher I adore your collage.
All your photos are beautiful, I will call again, sorry not to have been around lately but I have been too busy to read blogs.
Post a Comment