Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ah, to be a redhead in the fall

Always a bright spot in the autumn landscape are the redheads of the plant world- the Japanese Maples. With a huge variety of flaming colors and exotic leaf shapes, they are a welcome addition to any garden.
All of these trees are ones that Jack and I have found along our walk and we have both enjoyed the shifting shades of fall from crimson to mahogany to russets and golds.


And in honor of Sesame Street's 40 years of entertaining, enchanting and educating children of all ages:


One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?






Our weather this week has been blustery and wet and I think, by now, all of these leaves have joined the others already on the ground. Ah, but what beauty!

7 comments:

Cornflower said...

Glorious!

Maggie Christie said...

All gorgeous photographs - at least the fourth one down will keep its 'leaves'!

T. said...

It has been a glorious autumn in Seattle, hasn't it?

Tattieweasle said...

Aren't they beautiful - we don't have enough red heads round my neck of the woods in Suffolk. But when I come across an Acer in all it's fiery glory it does make a statement!

arosebyanyothername said...

Almost better than flowers!

Pondside said...

I miss the giant red maples that we had in the east, but the lovely Japanese maples really do shine here on the coast. You made me smile with the Sesame Street jingle - I well remember most of them!

Cait O'Connor said...

All I can say is Wow. I love all things red,thank you for posting.