Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daffodils along my morning walk

A special treat along my daily walk is the pleasure taken in watching the gardens as they grow and change throughout the year. Today, it was the wide range of daffodils that caught my eye-
each a little different in color, size and formation.
Each flower had that cheerfulness that I associate with daffodils
and the nodding heads too.
But, each spring, I wonder why some flowers are so loved and cultivated and others- with many of the same charms- are considered weeds?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it glorious to see daffodils in bloom, so bright and colourful and lifting your spirits after weeks of snow, then rain and so on. Now it is warming up and just as we get used to it, the weather forecasters have predicted it getting colder over here in the UK next week, with some areas possibly seeing snow before Easter! Thank goodness I have been incapacitated and unable to sow outdoor seeds!
http://laburnumcottage.blogspot.com