
Days are longer, temperatures are rising and now- our clocks have jumped ahead. It's wonderful to have the extra hour of daylight in the evening but this period of adjustment never seems to get easier.

For almost a week, I hover between old time and new time. Checking to see why I'm hungry when I don't expect to be and if I should feel tired and sleepy when I do.

I've always been an early riser but by this time of the year- I am waking long before sunrise. What a delight to find myself, now, closer to everyone else's schedules without even trying.

The more closely your time is scheduled by other people, the harder it is to make the adjustment to the time change. For the next week, remember to pamper yourself- if you're hungry and out of sorts- take a break and eat a little even it it's not the right time (by the clock). Rest a little more and get outside- even if the weather's bad or as I saw in a Chicago newspaper- dank.
Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are celebrating today. I can't think of a better holiday to have two of in the calendar.
4 comments:
Are those gorgeous flowers camelias? I've never seen any with such delicate pink rose-like coloring and petals.
Well. My children were HOPELESS at "Mothering Sunday" yesterday. (The British grammatical preference always strikes me as appropriate, as the day always seems more about "mothering" than "mother.") Never mind. Maybe they will celebrate me in May?
Your daffodil/bee header is wonderful. Did you take that picture recently? We STILL don't really have any daffs out yet. They are so late this year.
Beautiful camelias
I love your header - the bees are already busy up here too.
I had to laugh at your post on ordering a library book that you already own! I've done it too, and been glad to keep that little lapse secret!
What lovely flower pics. I'm afriad I am still on winter time though and really struggle to get out of bed and getting going in the mornings. Our clocks change on Sunday so maybe I'll start getting up earlier.... maybe.... but then again....!
CKx
PS thank you so very much for your recent lovely comments on my blog. I am so pleased that I am now able to catch up it yours!
Post a Comment