Saturday, March 21, 2009

Painting Saturday



The morning was frosty and by the time that Jack and I went for our walk- foggy. Daylight savings time hasn't helped me to get up at a reasonable time in the morning. 4:30 this morning- still with a couple of hours of darkness.


My Pink Dawn has been blooming for a month or so already and it's such a temptation to stop and smell each time I pass by.



We had a bit of time painting at Kate's house- enough to know that the gallon of paint for the powder room was different from each of the two quarts that came before. So, off to the paint store to decide which color to use and how to get it. So discouraging that we went to Dick's drive-in (my mother's favorite spot) for a pick-me-up. It brought back memories of kind Duane helping us with my flat tire. We didn't park in the same open spot- it would seem to tempt fate.


This guy was quite entertaining to watch and so pretty to look at.


So, our painting done for the day, not having gone to the grocery store or the library- I will try to stay awake in the hopes that I will sleep a little later tomorrow. I think that I've only made it to 10:00pm once since the time change. And it should be so easy.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I see you have signed up to my blog. Nice to meet you. I see we are both in the same state, decorating!! Hope you get finished soon without too much hassle.